By the grace of Allah Almighty, our beloved leader, Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri, started Urdu translation of the Holy Quran by name of Irfan-ul-Quran whose 22 paras were completed rill 2005. On July 20, 2005, Shaykh-ul-Islam completed the transition of the remaining paras during his stay in Canada. The translation of the Holy Quran was published in its entirety in the sacred month of Ramzan 1426 hegira.
Irfan-ul-Quran is a unique translation of the Holy Quran, which is distinct from other available translations in a number of ways. Following are the chief characteristics of Irfan-ul-Quran, which distinguish it from others:
- This translation is uniformly understandable for every mental level and has unique style of description characterized by idiomatic language and simplicity.
- Though this being a translation, it has the quality of exegesis inherent in it. The readers do not have to look for commentaries in order to get further explanation of the Quranic verses. It is self-sufficient.
- This not only helps in understanding the meanings of the Holy Quran but is also instrumental in strengthening the faith of the reader.
- It is full of spiritual taste and fosters pious action.
- This translation is such a masterpiece representing Divine Reverence and the respect for the Holy Prophet (saw) as takes special care of all manners and stations.
- It is an embodiment of spiritual gnosis and strength of faith.
- It is the most modern Urdu translation of reconstructive value in keeping with the demands of contemporary age.
- It is such a magnum opus marked by scholarly depth and rich symbolism which also contains rational meditation and practicality as distinctive aspects.
- It not only describes the Quranic geography but also mentions the historical background of the past nations.
In order to convey the real message of the Holy Quran to the Western world, English translation of the Holy Quran was dire need of the hour. By grace of Allah Almighty, this arduous task has been accomplished. Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri’s English translation of the Holy Quran by name of ‘Irfan-ul-Quran’ has been published.
- Please click www.irfan-ul-quran.com for online study of Irfan-ul-Quran.