When Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri launched his Movement based on the Holy Quran and Sunna, he also started his scholarly and research work. It is the distinction of MQI that it is engaged in the task of preaching the message of religion by making use of both print and electronic sources since its inception. The first work to which Shaykh-ul-Islam committed his pen was “Niazm-e-Mustafa (saw)………..a revolutionizing message” By and by, the work of Tehreek continued to expand. He started his Dawa work with his lectures on the Holy Quran in the Rahmania Mosque in Shadman, Lahore. Initially, these lectures were published separately. However, their compilation in the book format also started at about the same time.
In 1981, his first regular scholarly and research masterpiece saw light of the day under the title of “Tasmeat-ul-Quran”. The year 1982 saw the publication of his two very important books namely “Sura Fateha and development of personality” and “Islamic Philosophy of Human Life”. A good number of intellectual and scholarly circles were impressed by the depth and quality of these works. In 1985, his book entitled as “Ajzaay-e-Iman” consisting of his Friday speeches was published, which was later on renamed as “Urkan-e-Iman”. In the meantime, his books namely “Firqa Perasti ka khatam kayun ker mumkin hi”, “Iman and Islam” and English booklets were published. In the meantime, Shaykh-ul-Islam had been able to set up a wide network of his lectures, and speeches on diverse topics in every nook and corner of the country. On December 7, 1987, Minhaj-ul-Quran Writers Panel was established under the supervision of the founder of the Movement for rendering his lectures into published works on regular basis and this intellectual and research centre was named after the father of Shaykh-ul-Islam, Dr Farid-ud-Qadri as Farid-e-Millat Research Institute (FMRi).
Aims & Objectives
The following aims were determined at the time of establishment of Farid-e-Millat Research Institute (FMRi):
- Publication and propagation of real message of Islam
- Promotion of thought of Minhaj-ul-Quran International
- Publication of Islamic teachings compatible with modern-day demands in order to enable the youth to get rid of uncertainty, moral decline and mental slavery.
- Making the religious people aware of the modern findings and research in the field of knowledge.
- Reminding the de-tracked Muslims of their real identity
- Finding appropriate solutions to the multiple problems facing the Muslim Umma.
- Persuading the youth towards religion.
- Working out system for intellectual and scholarly training of people associated with MQI and preparation of training syllabi.
- Gathering people with literary taste on a platform to use their capabilities for larger good from the platform of MQI.
- Communicating the Dawa of Tehreek through pen to literary and intellectual circles of national and international stature and gathering them on the platform of MQI.
- Preparing various research articles on scholarly and intellectual topics in a bid to propagate the message of Tehrrek through pen and getting them printed in the national press.
- Penning down books on intellectual and scholarly subjects for spread of the Tehreek’s message and fulfilling any research need whatsoever.
- Getting addresses and speeches of Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri on social, economic, political, scientific, moral and spiritual subjects rendered into printed form.
- Getting research scholars to work on research material and arrange for its publication.
- Transfer the Islamic intellectual heritage to the future generations in accordance with modern research techniques and demands.